Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day Panic

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.

Days are shortening, Days are shortening, Days are shortening

Just when I was getting excited that the start of daylight savings time had moved up to March 14, I saw the news article about shortened days.

Apparently the recent earthquake in Chile shook the entire planet. The Earth's axis have shifted, and our days will be shorter.

I was panicked! No! Not now! Not with summer just around the corner!

Then I read further in the article. An Earth day will now be 1.26 milliseconds shorter.

Milliseconds?! A news agency rolls out a bold print headline for a change of milliseconds?

Well, I guess for the Mayflies with a life span of only minutes a millisecond is a big deal.

As for me, I think I've figured out how to compensate. I'll blink one less time when the alarm clock goes off in the morning. That should keep the rest of my day on track.

Whew! Crisis averted. There will still time for frozen Margaritas on the patio at the end of the work day.

No comments: