Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Friskies Commercial

The new Friskies cat food commercial is all the buzz and is racing over the You Tube airways.

In the commercial a hungry cat steps into an animated world that takes us back to the psychedelic times of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Yellow Submarine.

I was reading an interview with the advertising muckety-muck for Friskies who explained the goal of the commercial was to enhance the relationship between cat and owner.

Come again?

Friskies wants to catch the attention of cat owners and reinforce how important it is to bond with their cat over a tasty dinner of wet cat food.

I've had meaningful relationships with several different cats during my life. The word tasty has never crossed my mind when I popped the lid on a can of cat food. Gross, smelly, disgusting, and eeewwhhh have all crossed my mind - but tasty? - never.

Actually I have often wondered what was added to the ground slop to make a cat want to dive in.

And now I know - the same chemicals that had an entire generation mumbling far out, man.

No comments: