Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Creative Collaboration

When I start a blog entry I usually have some idea what I'm going to write about.

Tonight I haven't a clue. Blogger's Block I guess.

So what to do? Just start typing mindlessly? No, that doesn't sound entertaining.

Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to put forth an idea I've been mulling over.

I have been considering an ongoing story in which the reader's of my blog have creative input.

I would post the start of a short story, then invite readers to e-mail a group of words that would need to be included in the next installment - and continue along that way until all involved feel the story has come to a conclusion.

For instance, if a reader were to e-mail the words mouse, hot dog, and campfire the next story installment might talk about Homer the blind mouse who loved the heat and accidentally scurried onto a stick that was being used to cook hot dogs over a campfire.

If you would be interested in participating in such a creative venture, simply shoot an e-mail with the word YES in the subject line to me at scripterbwk@verizon.net (or post a comment on this blog - note: if you post a comment on the blog, your comment will not appear right away. The blog preferences are set for a time delay on comments so that I can weed out any nonsense stuff).

I'll let the number of YES responses be a barometer of whether I should pursue such a creative collaboration.

No comments: