Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Digs

Tonight's blog installment is coming from my new digs. Well, sort of.

My new job entails a lengthy commute. As luck would have it, my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew live near my new place of employment. They have graciously allowed me the use of their presidential suite a couple nights a week which means I only have to make the commute between work and home every other day.

On my way to their house this evening I rediscovered rush hour. It is a phenomenon not encountered in the southern end of Delaware. Well, not during the week anyway. The southern end rush occurs on Saturday and Sunday mornings during the summer as folks hurry to grab prime real estate on the beach.

Here in northern Delaware the massive surge of automobiles happens every morning and evening. Today I was reminded of what it's like to travel only five miles in twenty minutes.

I'm sure I will adjust as time goes on, but right now it seems unimaginable that folks manage to deal with this creepy-crawley pace on a regular basis.

No comments: