Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moody Tour

The Moody Blues are touring again. I've just learned the Grateful Dead will hitting the road again too.

While the price of concert tickets is currently beyond my means, I would enjoy seeing either one of these groups.

Apparently thousands of other folks share the same sentiment.

Which has me wondering, exactly was is it that has bands doing the circuit again?

Let's face it, most of these guys now fall into the senior citizen classification and while I'm sure they all still enjoy completing challenging guitar riffs and drum solos, life on the road has to be draining.

I'm sure some of the reason they're back has to do with love of music. No doubt love of money is involved too. But I suspect there's more to it than that.

There is a pent up demand for quality music. A demand unfulfilled by today's offerings.

Now before everybody screams at me, I acknowledgment there are young, quality performers out there. But if they could really fill the shoes of the masters - well then there would be no real audience for the older guys now would there?

No comments: