Friday, October 10, 2008

Hair Moment

2:00 Hair

That was the message written on the dry erase board in the kitchen. It piqued my curiosity.

Was it now possible to pinpoint a time when bad hair would occur? Think of the relief in not having to worry about an entire day of bad hair. Whoever left themselves that reminder only has to worry about bad hair at 2:00.

But was the message a reminder to the person who wrote it - or was it a heads up for someone else?

Could it be me who is going to have a bad hair moment? Suddenly a moment does not seem less stressful than an entire day. What will I be doing at 2:00? Will I be meeting someone for the first time? How will I make a good impression if I'm having a hair moment?

Got it. I'll have to run out first thing in the morning and get a pocket mirror along with a folding comb. Perhaps a pocket size bottle of hair spray as well. Oh - that means I'll need to be concerned about the pants I choose to wear. They'll have to be baggy enough that the bottle won't cause an embarrassing bulge. But baggy pants won't help me make a good impression.

Wait. Did that message just appear on the board today or did I miss it last night? Maybe I already had the hair moment. Oh JEEZZZ, I was in the bank at 2:00. The tellers were probably snickering under their breath. Okay, I need to calm down. Maybe it was just mussed hair and not rooster hair.

Hey - I remember. Motivated Mom has a hair appointment at 2:00 tomorrow.

I knew the message didn't have anything to do with me.

No comments: