Wednesday, October 8, 2008

H R Puff'nstuff

I'm going to let you follow the twisted path my mind takes when I'm giving it free creative rein. I give you fair warning - it's scary.

Which is how tonight's blog started - with the word scary.

Cleaning up from dinner, I was wondering what I was going to write about, and I remembered the teenage girl I had seen on my way home. Dressed in black, the girl had black hair with neon purple highlights. I remembered thinking that's just scary.

Which, I guess, reminded me of the Halloween CD of scary sounds I had recently picked up. So I put the CD into the stereo and started wondering how I could tie the together the girl with the purple hair and the scary sounds.

Which made me think of Wilamina Witcheepoo. Witcheepoo was one of the main characters in a kids show that was on in the late 60's.

And the name of that show was... was... was... GOT IT! HR Puff'nstuff. With the Banana Splits, Wilamina Witcheepoo, and some guy with a magic flute.

HR Puff'nstuff was on weekday afternoons.... Which got me started thinking about the other afternoon cartoons like Speed Racer, Clutch Cargo, Space Ghost.

If you weren't a kid in the 60's then I know I've lost you along this two minute journey - and I'm sorry about that. But the memory of all those great things just had to be put in writing because...

OMG, like I am just so totally having a major flashback.

No comments: