Monday, October 5, 2009

Winning the Jackpot

I won the jackpot today - the coupon jackpot that is.

I was doing the weekly grocery shopping. Once all of my items had been scanned and bagged, I handed the cashier my special discount card - you know, those cards that by and large have taken the place of coupons.

As soon as my card was swiped, the printer spat out one of those endangered coupons, followed by another, followed by nearly a dozen coupons after that. The cashier nearly collapsed in a giggle fit and I was tempted to start looking around for the hidden candid camera.

Oh if only I had been in Vegas and if only it had been a slot machine paying out big time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the coupons. It's just that I'd rather be having to worry over the taxes on a hundred thousand dollars than where I'm going to put the extra 3 bags of kitty treats I need to buy in order to collect my 75 cents savings.

No comments: