Sunday, October 18, 2009

Media Girl & Poetry

Media Girl is going to be a celebrity. She will be reading some of her poetry at a public venue this Tuesday.

Since Halloween is just around the corner, the theme for the evening is masks. Media Girl's poetry will fit in well. For a teenager she has some very mature views of the world. Her writing often bores into the dark, hidden agendas of relationships at all levels.

My daughter is taking the event in stride and I'm impressed by her calm demeanor. It takes a lot of self confidence for a seventeen year old to get up in front of a group of adults she's never met and read her one of her own creations.

I'm sure I'll be more nervous than her. It's always been that way since the days of elementary school plays and concerts. I would sit in the audience with clammy hands and beads of sweat on my forehead while my daughter performed her part flawlessly.

No comments: