Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Clown Fear

Media Girl recently reminded me that she is terrified of clowns. The reminder sort of came out of nowhere - there were no clowns to be seen at the time nor had there been any recent close encounters of the red nose kind.

My daughter's fear stems from the movie It, based on the Steven King novel.

Media Girl's statement reminded that as a child College Dude also had a fear of clowns, though his fear had no tie to a specific movie or book so far as I know.

Earlier in my life, when my hairline first started to recede, I had said that when the hair on top of my head got too thin I would go for the Bozo the clown look. I had decided that I would shave the top of my scalp, leaving a ring of hair about ear height that I would douse with hair spray so that the hair stood out on end.

Given that both my children grew up with a fear of clowns, I guess it's a good thing I never followed through on the Bozo hair style.

No comments: