Friday, October 9, 2009

Tough Catering

Competition must really be tough if caterers are willing to haul bulky seating to outdoor functions.

That's what went through my mind when I passed a house with three sets of benches sitting in the front lawn. I'm talking about the type of bench seats found in Mom and Pop diners - cushioned benches that back up to one another. A vertical strip of dark wood covered the seams where the backs met and the seats themselves were upholstered with an appetizing pumpkin colored vinyl.

I guess the tables hadn't arrived yet - or maybe the benches were the first items to be moved out front for an upcoming yard sale.

If a yard sale was the true reason for the presence of the benches, I can't imagine the kitchen or dining room they were pulled from.

Because surely nobody would haul bench seats from a diner just to try to sell them in their front yard - would they?

No comments: