Thursday, October 15, 2009

Eyebrows and Spas

I frequently pass a spa on my comings and goings - the sign in front of the spa advertises massage, hot stone therapy, essential oil therapy, etc.

Today I noticed the list of services had changed to include eyebrow threading.
I have no idea what eyebrow threading is but it certainly doesn't sound like anything I would associate with the other relaxing services offered. In fact it sounds downright painful.

I'm picturing the client lying on a bed while the "threader" uses a needle and thread to weave a pattern into the skin along the eyebrow hairline.

Do you suppose the client needs to remain immobile during the threading in order to prevent the hot stones from sliding off the chakra points?

I shouldn't make fun of something I don't understand. I'm a firm believer in alternative health therapy. It's just that the term eyebrow threading conjures up some very peculiar images.

If anyone out there knows what this treatment really is, I'd love to be enlightened. You can shoot me an e-mail at: scripterbwk@verizon.net

Or perhaps I'll just knock on the door of the spa and ask.

No comments: