Thursday, October 22, 2009

Needles and Zen

Media Girl had her first acupuncture treatment yesterday - and became an instant believer.

Suffering from a lowered immune system resulting from stress, Media Girl accepted my recommendation to give acupuncture a shot.

I knew the results as soon as I walked into the treatment room at the end of her session. Media Girl was sitting on the edge of the treatment table with a mellow half smile, drooping eyelids, and a faraway look in her eyes.

None the less I had to ask, So how did it go?

I could have poured out half a jar of molasses by the time Media Girl finally turned her head in my direction, raised a finger to her lips, and shushed me into silence.

I was envious. On a day when I was rushing from one appointment to the next Media Girl had found Zen.

On the drive home, my daughter commented that she couldn't believe half a dozen needles had turned every muscle in her body to jelly and that she couldn't wait for next week's return visit.

I'm wondering how many readers have discovered the benefits of acupuncture. I'd love to hear about your experiences. You can e-mail me at scripterbwk@verizon.net.

No comments: