Friday, October 2, 2009

Hair Glue

I firmly believe the strangest collection of items in any house can be found in the bathroom.

On the vanity top the other day I noticed a jar labeled Spike Glue for Hair.

Now I don't know about you, but as my kids were growing up I spent a lot of time trying to keep things like Elmer's glue and Play Dough out of their hair, so this product was quite an attention grabber.

I couldn't understand the need for Spike Glue in our house. Neither Motivated Mom nor Media Girl sports a hairstyle resembling a rooster's comb and for that I am very grateful.

I'm sure you're familiar with the hairstyle I'm referring to. A narrow row of hair running down the center of an otherwise clean shaven scalp. The gravity defying strands are frequently multi colored and downright dangerous in appearance. I always assumed such a look was achieved with an aerosol can of spray starch and perhaps an iron. I never imagined maintenance required someone smearing their hands with glue and then combing their fingers through their hair.

What happens if they have to sneeze? Do they dare reach for a tissue or do they just Windex the bathroom mirror when their hair preparations are complete?

No comments: