Friday, March 6, 2009

Tiger Wii

Motivated Mom (my wife) and I make use of our Wii game console on a fairly regular basis. For months we have challenged one another in bowling and golf, occasionally experimenting with one of the other sports.

We recently decided it was time to expand our horizons in golf, so Motivated Mom picked up Tiger Woods Golf for Wii.

The minute the options popped up on the screen I could see Tiger Wii was going to be a challenge. Not because the first hole looked intimidating but because the menu indicated we were going to have to select a golf persona, a course, a level of difficulty... the list went on.

We finally made it to Tiger's tutorial screen. Okay, no big deal, I was a semi Wii Pro.

I took my first swing and a message appeared on the television screen telling me I could do better.

Thirty swings later I was still being told I could do better. Apparently Tiger's coaching team didn't realize I was an accomplished Wii golfer.

Since there was no way to interact with the coaching staff, I turned Tiger Wii off. Let the coaches bemoan having lost their chance to be associated with me when they later see my name appear in the Golfing Hall of Fame.

No comments: