Friday, March 13, 2009

Cutting Back

It caught my eye - the article about how Americans are cutting back.

Only in this case I guess snipping back would be the more appropriate phrasing.

It seems vasectomies are on the rise. Men are taking the course of action in order to avoid unexpected new drains on the household budget.

Okay, I can see the argument for wanting to avoid budget shortfalls. And I can understand there could be many reasons for getting a vasectomy. But the combination of the two just seems wrong somehow. I mean, what if the man or his spouse were to change their mind once the economy gets straightened out?

So I'm thinking Pres. Obama needs to include sperm bank funding in his stimulating - er, ah stimulus- package.

We should be increasing sperm depositories at the same rate that vasectomies are increasing. Otherwise these same gentlemen who believe themselves to be acting so responsibly could be setting themselves up for extended psychological counseling. They and their families need to be able to have a bailout plan.

Jobs can be created here: Facility construction, nursing positions, receptionists, storage administrators, file clerks, magazine staff (if I have to explain the last one, then my humor has failed and you're already clicking your mouse to navigate away from this page).

No comments: