Monday, March 2, 2009

Shovelcise

I was engaged in my least favorite activity today - shoveling snow.

An hour into the drudgery, I realized I had stumbled on the next workout craze - Shovelcise.

Okay everyone, before we start remember to lift with your knees, not your back. Ready? Grab your shovels and..

Lunge - and - step. Push - and - slide. Lift - and - throw.

Good. That's it. Again. A little faster this time.

Lunge - and - step. Push - and - slide. Lift - and - throw.

Excellent, remember to keep the knees bent and your eyes straight ahead. This time we're going to throw to the right. You can do this. Here we go.

Lunge - and - step. Push - and - slide. Lift - and - throw to the right.

Now we're going to throw to the left. Ready.

Unh, unh, uh. I see you reaching for the starter rope on the snow blower. None of that. This is all about building stamina. Get that shovel back in your hands. Here we go.

Lunge - and....

No comments: