Friday, March 20, 2009

Faucets and Cereal

I was out with Queen B today shopping for fixtures that will be going into the addition for her part of the house.

I discovered that shopping for faucets is like shopping for cereal. The selections are endless and there is no reason or rhyme to how they are arranged on the shelves.

I know some of you are going to say that there is logic to the cereal aisle in the store - but it's not my logic so I don't like it. I say put all the Raisin Bran's beside each other and let me decide whose brand I want.

Same with faucets. Put all the vanity faucets together, then sub-group by handle style, etc.

Imagine how less frequently stores would have to polish the floors in the plumbing and breakfast sections. All of that wear and tear resulting from customers pacing from one end of the aisle to the other and back again would be eliminated.

No comments: