Saturday, March 14, 2009

Android Player

Queen B was watching baseball spring training on the television today. On my way through the family room I noticed there was an information ticker running across the bottom of the screen. I paused long enough to read that some player had been Shut Down due to an injured shoulder.

Shut Down? Do we have android ballplayers now who get switched off for joint repair?

I would have read more sports news, but my attention kept shifting between the words and the baseball action. Trying to read words sliding left across the screen while the batter was swinging to the right was making me woozy.

Sort of like spinning in place and then trying to focus on a single spot while the room continues to swirl around you.

I decided not to linger. Falling and hitting my head could not have been remedied by pushing a reset button.

No comments: