Monday, March 23, 2009

Nurse Media Girl

I have mentioned before that Media Girl, our daughter, is in a special high school curriculum that combines courses from high school, technical college, and nursing. When Media Girl graduates from high school, she will be a CNA (certified nursing assistant).

Today was Media Girl's first day of hands-on hospital work. She left the house dressed in her "nurse whites".

The sight of her dressed so professionally left me light headed. Years of parenting challenges were showing promising results. I was glad Media Girl was already CPR certified. If I passed out she would be able to revive me.

In the not too distant future, Nurse Media Girl will be helping to improve somebody's quality of life. That somebody won't know the challenges Media Girl had to overcome in order to be at their side - but I will, and I'll be proud of her.

No comments: