Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Different Perspective

I was on the fourth floor of a parking building in downtown Wilmington this evening. From that height I had a view extending about twenty five miles distant. The highway I would travel on my way home, the bridge I would cross, the nuclear power plant tower I would pass; they all seemed incredibly small. It was as though I was looking down on a community designed around a model train set.

On my journey home, had I been able to stop on the mile long bridge that seemed no bigger than a rubber band from my viewpoint in the parking building, that very same parking building would have appeared no bigger than a match book - if that.

A change in perspective has a huge impact on the way we view things.

We should remember to explore that alternate viewpoint when faced with a seemingly insurmountable challenge.

No comments: