Monday, April 26, 2010

The Eye's Have It

It's one of those nights where my brain just refuses to function... or at least it was.

I was about to offer a short meditation when my mind somehow jumped back to 1976.

I was all of 20 years of age back then, had somehow acquired the nickname of Dr. Wise, and at parties (yes College Dude, there was actually a time when I willingly attended social gatherings) was frequently asked to offer words of wisdom.

It would go down like this: I would walk into a room filled with to capacity with people from a wide mix of backgrounds, someone would shout - Hey, Dr. Wise is here, Doctor give us today's words of wisdom. Whereupon the entire room would fall silent and several dozen heads would turn in my direction.

Kind of scary - and very weird- now that I think about it.

And now that I think about it, I guess that background of having to pull what could be plausibly accepted as deep insight out of my back pocket is what has led to the meditations I currently offer when my creative juices otherwise fail to flow.

So tonight's words of wisdom.

To thread the needle on the first try, one must believe the eye to be larger than perceived by the eye.

No comments: