Sunday, April 18, 2010

Of Dogs and Daughters

It's not that I don't like dogs. It's just that this isn't the right time in my life for me to have one.

And yet that is exactly what has happened. I have a dog. Well, to be correct, Motivated Mom and I have a dog.

The current incarnation of man's best friend was supposed to have been Media Girl's best friend, but said daughter is never around these days.

So who ends up walking the dog? Yep, Motivated Mom and I.

Who feeds the dog? You guessed it.

At one point in the past our family had four dogs (we were just this side of certifiable back then) - and they all used to sleep on Motivated Mom's side of the bed. They knew that if they crossed the invisible line in the middle of the mattress they would be shuttled to the floor.

When Destiny arrived I was determined the animal would never experience sleeping on a bed.

Motivated Mom felt otherwise and... where does the dog sleep since Media Girl is never home?
Yep. On our bed.

And on whose side of the bed does the dog sleep? Mine.

And why do I not shuttle the dog to the floor?

Because the irritating thing can whine, whimper, grumble, and bark all at the same time for hours on end if she is relegated to a lower altitude.

Where IS that daughter of mine anyway?

No comments: