Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Valley B.A.

Internet problems at the old hacienda so I'm squeezing in a quick post during lunch break.

Last night, with no web access, I put the computer aside in favor of a jaunt around the countryside. Driving along back roads that I frequented in my teenage years I was literally driving down memory lane.

Or, as we used to refer to the activity of driving to no particular destination, I went out for a valley b.a.

Valley
referring to the rural area in northern Delaware known as Beaver Valley and b.a standing for bombing around.

In those days, three dollars worth of gas dispensed into the gas tank of an MG was good for an entire night of cruising.

It would seem to me that with three dollars now buying only a single gallon of gas, the teenage past time of aimless driving would have become obsolete. But late night traffic in my neck of the woods suggests otherwise. So I guess valley b.a. or equivalent is forever in the blood of those recently gifted with a drivers license.

No comments: