Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bottle Walls

With all the talk about environmentally friendly or green products I couldn't help but notice the article about the man who had built a home using 6 million bottles.

The article brought to mind the two dozen empty tequila bottles that Motivated Mom made me get rid of back when we got married twenty-five years ago. I had plans for an awesome coffee table using those bottles. But love overrode my desires for Cuervo furniture so out the bottles went. Today having such a table would earn me kudos from around the world. Story of my life - a man before his time.

I interject the coffee table story to explain why I immediately pondered how many liquor and beer bottles might have been involved in the construction of the glass bottle house. I wondered if the man had consumed the contents of the bottles all by himself, or if he had lots of righteous house building parties.

I also got to wondering... What if someone were to build such a house using bottles that were still filled? It would give a whole new meaning to the song/chant 100 bottles of beer on the wall - take one down and pass it around.

No comments: