Monday, December 8, 2008

Where Are the Lights?

Quite a few years back, right around Christmas, the results of a study were published.

In a nutshell, the study found that people tend to put more Christmas lights on the exterior of their houses when times are bad. In good times, holiday lights are less prevalent.

So I've been wondering this past week - where are all the lights? Based on that study we should be taxing the nation's electric grid this year. But I actually see fewer lights this year that in recent years past.

Motivated Mom says it's all my fault.

I usually put up our outside Christmas lights in mid November, before the temperatures turn frigid. This year I kept putting it off, then vacation came up, and well... you know how it goes.

Motivated Mom says since our lights didn't go up on schedule, no one else knows it's time to decorate.

So this past Saturday I put up the lights. There are less of them than usual because, well, it was very close to frigid this weekend - and, as I've indicated before, I don't do cold.

Spread the word - it's time to decorate!

No comments: