Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Music To the Ears

Motivated Mom and Media Girl were out of town for part of the weekend. I was a bachelor for twenty-four hours.

There was a substantial list of things I wanted to accomplish in that period: Listen to music with the sound system set REALLY loud, get some Christmas gifts wrapped, listen to some music REALLY loud, take a walk on the beach, listen to some music REALLY loud, get in some deep meditation, and listen to some music REALLY loud.

For most of the day I had Christmas music playing at moderate levels, but once dinner was done I cleared the decks and .... yes, you guessed it.

I chose three DVD's: Pink Floyd's PULSE tour, Peter Gabriel's GROWING UP tour, and an Eric Clapton performance from the 1980's.

I dimmed the lights to concert lighting levels, mixed a tequila based beverage, settled into my recliner, and set the volume on the surround sound system to a level guaranteed to make the walls and floor vibrate.

Ohhh the ecstasy. Such an experience is the next best thing to... well, this is a family rated site...but you get the idea.

This is what it's all about for a rock and roll aficionado - watching legends perform while FEELING the music.

.... A special thanks to BOSE for a distortion free music fest.

No comments: