Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Stocking

College Dude was home for Christmas with his fiancee, Language Lass.

I decided on Language Lass for her name in my blog because she's majoring in languages and she is so slim that wee lass comes to mind when I see her.

Our kids still get stockings at Christmas - only now the stockings are filled by Motivated Mom and I rather than Santa (we figured we'd let Santa focus on younger children around the world).

Over the years stocking stuffers have evolved to things like toiletry items that kids tend to let run dry before replenishing. This year though, I had the brilliant idea of turning back the clock.

So off I went to the dollar store to find some fun stuff for three stockings. Three because Language Lass was getting one too.

Christmas morning Media Girl, College Dude, and Language Lass opened such desirable trinkets as Silly Putty, expanding towels, PEZ dispensers, ball & cup games, and more.

I didn't really keep track of the unwrapping process but I'm sure Language Lass was speechless (in all the languages she speaks) - just so overwhelmed by her first stocking that she was at a total loss for words.

No comments: