Monday, December 29, 2008

Extra Time

You know that extra time we're always wishing we had? Well, we're getting it on the 31st.

Honest Injun.

An extra second is being added to 2008 to account for the fact that the earth is spinning ever so slightly slower on it's axis.

This extra second is great! Now I won't feel like I'm running behind all the time.

...And I'll get to knock an extra something off my To Do list.

You have your doubts?

Think of all the times we say things like:
Hang on a second while I finish this
I'll be with you in just a second
I'll be done in a sec
We can go in a second

It's obvious there are an incredible number of things that can be accomplished in a second.

Maybe we should petition to have an extra second added on a routine basis.

Nah, it would only get squandered. We'd just start saying I'll get to it in my extra second.

No comments: