Friday, June 25, 2010

Westward -er,ah,- Northward Ho!

Motivated Mom and I were driving home from dinner tonight. Rounding a bend in the road we found ourselves staring straight into an enormous, red-orange setting sun.

So striking was the sunset that we commented on it simultaneously (that's what happens when you've been married for 25 years).

In the next moment, the world changed forever.

"We're heading north," Motivated Mom pointed out.

Now I know nothing in life stays the same forever... but I sort of counted on the sun always setting in the west.

What had happened? How had such a fundamental thing as the sun setting in the west changed? Had the recent earthquake in Canada shifted the Earth's axis? Was the sky going to fall? Had Armageddon arrived?

Faced with having to consider such dire prospects I could think of only one course of action.

I hurried home and fixed myself a frosty Margarita.

No comments: