Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Language Lass MAT

Congratulations to Language Lass who has earned the right to place letters behind her name.

Yep, the young lady can now order herself up a batch of business cards with the letters MAT - for Master of Teaching.

Language Lass' specialty is in the area of languages (hence the name). An infatuation I will never understand - as I'm still trying to understand English.

I cannot even begin to imagine the number of neurological synapses that have to be firing in order to conjugate verbs in four (or does she speak five) different languages.

Quite frankly I am awed.

But I do have to wonder - doesn't it get a little crowded inside her cranial cavity. I mean imagine carrying around four completes dictionaries and thesauruses in one head.

Ah, you may say. But she only has to access one at a time.

Yet... if she were to get in too close proximity to the United Nations and should overhear two or three conversations in different languages.. what then. I'm imaging a collage of words that would mix into the equivalent of mental paste.

No comments: