Monday, June 14, 2010

Dogercise

Media Girl's dog understands human speak, specifically English - I'm convinced of it.

At least the dog understands when it wants to. Yell come back here when the dog runs out the door and the dog hasn't a clue what's been said.

But tell the dog she's getting fat and the dog understands completely. Why else would the dog decide she needs to exercise with me?

I was exercising tonight when the dog burst into the room, cocked her head to one side, and tried to figure out why I kept trying to push myself up off of the floor. Once the dog figured out it was obviously a game, she decided to join in.

Getting any range of motion in push ups is impossible when a dog is doing a sniper crawl underneath you.

I almost laughed at the impossibility of the situation until the dog rolled over on her back. Doing push ups while going belly to belly with a dog is just too weird - so I switched to dumbbell curls.

Problem was - the dog wanted to participate. Trying to curl your arm when one end of the dumbbell is lodged in a dog's mouth is next to impossible.

Scratch the curls - on to the bench press.

Here's a tip - never put yourself in a position where you need to hold eighty pounds of weight overhead if there's a chance a sixty pound dog might leap onto your stomach.

Did I mention how slim and fit our dog is? I mentioned it to the dog - and she left the room in a flash.

No comments: