Monday, June 21, 2010

Double Down on Summer

So here it is, June 21st, the longest day of the year. Thanks to the marvels of wireless technology, I'm able to access the internet while sitting on my back patio watching the lowering sun, listening to the waterfall in the pond, and enjoying the scent from dozens of blooming lilies.

The summer equinox is bittersweet. Just when summer people such as myself are ready to spend endless hours outdoors, the amount of daylight available begins to shorten.

Oh, there are still plenty of lengthy days ahead, but it seems like days should continue lengthening well into August.

A thought has just occurred to me - we should have a second phase of daylight saving time. On June 21st we should move the clocks ahead a second hour.

Imagine - sitting on the beach until ten 0'clock on a hot summer night - wouldn't that be great?!

Maybe I should start a grass roots campaign - DDOS - Double Down On Summer.

Who's with me?

No comments: