Friday, June 18, 2010

Apologize to BP?

As a rule I stay away from politics in my blog.

But when someone exhibits exceptional - no, beyond exceptional- poor choice I just have to comment.

I cannot even begin to comprehend what was going through the mind of Congressman Joe Barton when he apologized to BP for the company having to take ownership of its actions leading to a disaster of monumental proportions.

If, as a kid, you spilled a gallon of chocolate milk all over the kitchen - and if that spill was the result of ignoring house rules such as don't stand on a chair to reach the top shelf of the refrigerator - and if your Mother then made you clean up the mess and pay for the gallon of milk - what are the chances your Father would come home and say Gee I'm sorry Mom made you clean up the mess and pay for the loss?

The chances would be absolutely zilch - right?

So why - I mean really, WHY, is Joe Barton apologizing for BP being forced to pony up?

I can think of only one reason. Mr. Barton's lifestyle is supported by BP and he's deathly afraid that he might have to start living on some kind of realistic budget.

No comments: