Saturday, November 14, 2009

Twenty-Third Year

College Dude celebrated a birthday on Thursday, his twenty-third.

Motivated Mom and I visited with him via cell phone. Part of the discussion included College Dude telling us that he and Language Lass have started exploring their home buying options. One of the options was building a house rather than buying an existing one.

Home buying? House building? College Dude? How did this happen? I can still clearly see he and I sitting on the family room building towers with blocks - suddenly he's talking about building a house - a real honest to goodness house.

Well, okay, it's not really all of a sudden. It has been twenty-three years in the making. But, hey, take pity on an old man, work around to this kind of subject gradually. I'm still adjusting to the fact that College Dude's mailing address doesn't match mine.

Next thing you know he'll be talking about marriage. Oh yeah, he's already done that. It was just about this time last year he proposed to Language Lass.

Well, he'll be talking about kids. Oh, ah, that subject has come up too.

I guess I can just wander down to the end of the dock with my fishing pole. It seems my work is done.

No comments: