Friday, November 6, 2009

Leaf Schedule

I've been raking leaves the past few days and almost feel like I've made a dent in the cleanup.

Despite the sense of progress, the unfortunate truth is that I'll be dealing with leaves for weeks to come.

Because not all trees drop their colorful foliage at the same time.

It seems to me that mother nature dropped the ball here. There should be a specific date - say November 5th - that leaves fall from all the trees. Then there could be a single massive cleanup campaign and the de-leafing of our lawns would be behind us.

Why November 5th? Well, as near as I can figure that's half way between the two equinox's occurring in the latter half of the year so it seems an appropriate date.

Hmmm... I wonder. If all the leaves fell at the same time would there be rumbling ground tremors across the continent? I guess only if someone was there to hear it.

No comments: