Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rock Tour

We weren't exactly Sly and the Family Stone - but we were close, and I'm thinking we should take our act on the road. Fame and fortune surely await.

Well, okay, maybe not.

But our family sure had fun hanging out in College Dude's apartment over the Thanksgiving holiday. College Dude introduced us to the video game Rock Star.

Remember singing along to your albums, er-ah, eight tracks, I mean cassettes, as a kid? Perhaps you used a pencil, hairbrush, of empty paper towel roll for a microphone. Almost assuredly you played a wicked air guitar.

I must confess to being a lip syncing junkie in my teens. All of the skills I developed during those teenage performances were put to good use the past few days as I rocked the house with songs by Boston, Jethro Tull, Steve Miller, Queen, and more.

My family saw a side of me that I don't think they've ever seen before. I think I can say in total confidence that they were overwhelmed.

No comments: