Saturday, November 7, 2009

Arm Signals

My work vehicle is beginning to show its age. The aging has become pronounced since the arrival of cold weather. When the truck is first started in the morning, it rattles like the proverbial bucket of bolts, puffy white exhaust billows out from more locations than just the end of the tail pipe, and the turn signals don't work until the outdoor temperature rises above forty degrees.

A new vehicle is not in the cards at this point, so I say a few extra prayers on cold mornings.

As for the turn signal thing, I guess I'll have to use the arm signals usually relegated to bicyclists and motorcyclists - for as long as the driver's power window works.

I'm shivering at the very thought of a winter of driving with an open window.

Maybe I should just get a bumper sticker saying Warning, vehicle makes sudden turns

No comments: