Saturday, April 18, 2009

J-E-L-L-O

I was in a restaurant tonight and my attention was drawn to a nearby booth where a family of four was oohing and awing.

The source of the excitement was the arrival of two desert glasses filled with Jello.

It occurred to me that I haven't eaten jello since I've been married. Motivated Mom contends there is something unnatural about water that shimmies.

When you come right down to it, Jello is about ninety percent water, which does make me wonder just what the other additives are that manage to turn water into a gel somewhere between custard and corn oil.

Fruit can be mixed with the stuff - and still if jiggles.

If I were to pour something of similar consistency into a storm drain, the EPA would come looking for me.

I think I'll just continue to pass on the JELLO.

No comments: