Sunday, February 15, 2009

To Boldly Go

Majel Barret Roddenberry recently passed away. Majel was the wife of Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek. The couple's cremated remains are to be launched into space.

As I was reading the article about this, I was thinking that space was a fitting place for the man who made a household phrase of To boldly go where no man has gone before.

Then I got to thinking it was too bad that technology had not advanced to where the couple's remains could have been transported into space.

So wasn't I surprised when I read just a few days later that science has made the first successful step toward a Star Trek-like transportation.

It seems they haven't yet perfected matter transportation, but the transportation of knowledge between similar life forms has been achieved.

I hope science can make knowledge transportation an everyday occurrence really quickly. We could use a whole lot of common sense being spread around right about now.

No comments: