Saturday, February 28, 2009

Green Extreme

Even if you are not well versed in the concept of green building you are probably at least familiar with the terminology given that the phrase is popping up everywhere these days.

In a nutshell, the movement encourages the use of building materials and methods that have minimal impact on the environment.

Queen B pointed out an article on a building technique that has taken green building to the extreme - a green roof for your house.

I'm talking - literally a green, growing roof. The article talks about the kinds of plants that will grow best on the top of your house and what kind of wildlife the different kinds of plants will attract.

My reaction - you have GOT to be kidding me. I can barely keep up with the weeds in my gardens. The last thing I need is to have to worry about weeding my roof too.

And as for the wild life. I really don't want to start my day by dodging bird droppings as I step out my front door.

No comments: