Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ahh... Acupuncture

I'm soooo looking forward to my acupuncture appointment tonight.

Yes, that's right, I'm looking forward to having needles stuck in me.

Now before you go thinking Hey, I thought this Bruce guy was all right - but now it turns out he's some kind of wack-a-doo who enjoys getting stuck with needles! Let me explain.

I discovered the benefits of acupuncture about four years ago when numerous modern medical approaches failed to resolve a health issue. Acupuncture led to such dramatic improvements that I quickly became a believer.

Tonight's appointment is to help me get over a cold/cough that descended on me with a vengeance nine days ago. I can almost guarantee that I'll be feeling dramatically better by this time tomorrow.

These days, when I meet someone who mentions a nagging health issue I encourage them to try acupuncture. It's really not as traumatic as our imaginations suggest it could be. The needles that are used are so thin you hardly notice them. In fact, I frequently fall asleep once the needles are in place. And the benefits are truly amazing.

No comments: