Friday, February 6, 2009

Star Trek

There's a new Star Trek movie coming out that takes us back to the beginning when Kirk and Spock are fresh out of the Star Fleet Academy.

I'm intrigued because the movie is apparently being produced and directed by people who don't have science fiction in their resume's. There's probably a whole lot of Star Trek fans who think this is sacrilege.

I'm a fan of the original Star Trek series as well as the Next Generation series and I've also found a couple of the movies entertaining. Personally I think it will be interesting to see how a non-Trekkie handles the plot line.

Leonard Nimoy will recreate his Mr. Spock character in the movie, but William Shatner is a no-show. I guess Bill was too busy taunting some Mamby Pamby into negotiating a better airline fare.

No comments: