Friday, February 13, 2009

How Did It Do That?

Hey... how did it do that?

That was the question that my cat's body language conveyed when the printer hummed to life and spit out a piece of paper.

My cat, Ginger, had been sitting on the edge of my desk (reminding me that she was due for some attention) when I hit the PRINT button.

The printer went into its warm-up hum and, all in one motion, Ginger sprang from her crouch and pivoted one hundred eighty degrees.

She made a quick stab with her paw to try and save the piece of paper being sucked mercilessly into the machine, then recoiled when the same piece of paper was spit back out.

Ginger looked from the printer to me and back again as if to say Did you see that? That was amazing!

Ginger being a cat, of course she had to stick her nose as far into the printer as possible.

Me being me, of course I had to hit PRINT again.

No comments: