Monday, February 16, 2009

Morning Blue

The bluebird of happiness paid me a visit this morning.

I was finishing breakfast when I noticed the bluest blue I think I've seen.

I moved closer to the window to find a bird sitting on the porch railing all fluffed up against the morning chill. The bird's back was a royal, neon blue and his breast was scarlet red.

I was thankful for nature's gift that had put a smile on my face, but felt sorry for the bird. He was obviously working hard to insulate himself from the cold. His neck was invisible, so fluffed up were his feathers.

I had a momentary picture of a cartoon character sticking a thumb in its mouth and then blowing - the result being the character expanding like a balloon.

Fortunately the sun was cresting the tree tops so warmth was not far off.

No comments: