Monday, January 31, 2011

A Shaded Sky

It was as though a shade had been pulled across the sky.

Shortly after noon I had been looking out of my office window at a navy blue sky dotted with cotton ball clouds. Just fifteen minutes later the sky was slate gray. All trace of sunshine was gone.

How could the day have changed from one extreme to the other so quickly?  The energy I had been feeling at the prospect of getting outdoors for lunch fled as quickly as the day had changed. Suddenly there was nothing I needed more than a twenty minute power nap.

With nothing but gray and wet in the forecast for the immediate future, perhaps that nap would need to me more than twenty minutes.  I thought back to the other night when I had pulled the blankets over my head and mumbled to Motivated Mom,  "Wake me when it's seventy degrees outside."

No comments: