Friday, January 21, 2011

Look, Up in the Sky...

The flash of light high in the sky drew my attention from the road in front of me.

No bigger than the head of a needle, the light blinked in and out between layers of clouds. Trying to track the light while monitoring the direction of my car, it was several minutes before I was able to identify the radiant point above as the light on the front of an airliner.

It occurred to me that behind that pinpoint of light sat somewhere around 150 people.

While I certainly don't have mega millions of frequent flyer miles, I do fly often enough to feel at ease in an airplane.  But tonight's ground view perspective of over a hundred folks packed into something smaller in size than a matchbox just might have me thinking differently the next time I feel jet engines roar to life.

No comments: