Sunday, January 30, 2011

Morning Shimmer

I'm definitely not a morning person, so when I looked out the window this morning to see water where air should have been I chalked it up to a particularly sluggish start.

An attempt to rub the last vestiges of sleep from eyes did nothing to change the view. Scratching the back of my head, I squinted in an attempt to bring the world into focus - and realized it really was damp enough outside to support aquatic life.

The cars in the driveway reflected a flat, silvery light; the film of frozen moisture making it look like the cars had been shrink wrapped with Mylar. Even the very air shimmered as the sun made a vain attempt to cut through the mist.

A shoulder twitching shiver ran through me at the thought of walking out into the damp cold.  The morning agenda was definitely going to be limited to a hot breakfast and several extra cups of steaming tea.

No comments: