Monday, January 10, 2011

Colors and the Spoken Word

The multiple hues of yellows, oranges, and reds on the western horizon triggered an upward turn of the corners of my mouth. The smile brought with it a relief of stress that had built up during the answering of eighty-seven e-mails and the reading of too many seventy page documents.

So entranced did I become with the blazing sunset that I very nearly forgot the need to pay attention to the cars racing down the other lanes of the other roadway.

I have recently been considering opening an account with audiblebooks.com, and listening to books to alleviate the monotony of the commute.  But after nearly driving off into the sunset, I'm thinking that perhaps I shouldn't risk losing myself in chapters of a book with cruise control set to sixty-five.

No comments: