Monday, February 22, 2010

White Volcano

It seems Motivated Mom, Media Girl, and I managed to set Mother Nature straight with our night of Caribbean celebration.

Temperatures have pushed into the low 40s the past couple days and the mountains of snow are shrinking faster than I had dared hope.

I noticed one monument to snow that I expect will be around for quite sometime however. I spotted it the other day in the front yard of a home in a nearby development - a conical mountain of snow whose peak reached higher than the eaves of the house. It looks like a stark white volcano actually. Approximately twelve feet in diameter at it's base the monolith tapers to little more than a foot wide at the top of it's fourteen foot rise.

I figure it's a safe assumption there are more than two children living in the house fronted by the white volcano. With schools having been closed for nearly two weeks due to the record snowfall I imagine the desperately resourceful mother sent her brood outside with instructions to see if they could build a mountain of snow to reach the heavens.

And I bet the mother was praying to heaven that her children would achieve the goal she had set them.

No comments: